Preparations Before Your Visit
If you have chosen pet cremation or burial as a way to honor your beloved companion, we have some important instructions you should follow when dropping off your pet.
Here are the steps you should follow to ensure a smooth process:
- Contact our office in advance: Before dropping off your pet, it's important to contact the Rockville or Woodbine office to schedule an appointment. We are available by phone 24/7, but staff may not be readily available after hours. We want to ensure that one of our caring staff members is ready to assist you and your pet.
- Complete our At-Need Pet form: Prior to bringing your beloved pet to our offices, we encourage you to complete the form with as much information as you can. If you have any questions or concerns, our staff will be able to address them in advance so you can make informed decisions.
- Prepare your pet: Make sure your pet is placed in a secure and dignified manner such as a pet cremation casket or wrapped in a towel or blanket. For transport, we recommend adding a waterproof layer beneath your pet such as a puppy pad or even a lawn and leaf bag.
- Say goodbye: Take as much time as you need to say goodbye to your pet. If you want to bring a favorite treat or small toy, we will do our best to honor your request to cremate that special item with your pet.
We want to provide the level of care you are most comfortable with, and these steps help make sure we understand your preferences.
Immediate Need? Call Us Anytime
Planning for the care of a beloved pet can be a difficult process while grieving. Forever Faithful Pet Cremation & Funeral Care's complimentary Pet Tribute pages provide those who are grieving a place to receive support, come to terms with their loss, say goodbye, and honor their pet's life. Being able to memorialize your pet with family and friends lets everyone share stories and memories and creates a lasting support system as everyone begins their grief journey.
We strongly encourage you to honor your beloved pet's life and can help you after the cremation. We provide several options for your beloved pet’s final disposition and memorialization:
- Interment is when you bury or entomb your pet's cremated remains. This can be in a family plot, memorial site, cremation niche or urn garden, or other indoor or outdoor location. Please reach out to our staff for a detailed list of interment options.
- Graveside cremation services are similar to traditional ground burials, as everyone is at the burial of the cremated remains and honor your beloved pet through other meaningful tributes.
- Scattering is when you spread your pet's cremated remains in a memorial garden, cemetery, over water, or another significant location. You also can choose to scatter some of the cremated remains and retain the rest in an urn for interment or another form of disposition.
- By placing cremated remains in multiple urns or keepsakes, family members who live in different locations can each have their beloved pet close to them.
If you do not like the idea of having your pet's body cremated or if you would prefer a grave site you can visit, then pet burial might be the best option for you. We provide recovery to our nearest facility, a basic casket, and transportation to burial site. You can upgrade the casket or add additional memorialization products to fit your budget and needs.
We don't want your family to feel like you must settle on arrangement options due to your financial circumstances. That’s why we have multiple online payment options to help you plan the funeral that your special pet deserves:
- We accept payments online via all major credit cards — Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. You can use our online payment platform to conveniently and securely pay by a credit card today.
- With eChecks, or ACH payments, you can transfer funds directly from your bank account to pay for funeral services.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or want more information.